In order to provide holistic healthcare, Dr. Michael need to understand your whole self. This takes time and doesn’t happen in just a few short minutes. That is why your initial visit with Dr. Michael is about 90 minutes long. During that initial appointment, he will:
- Get to know you, your health journey, and your health goals
- Understand your personal and family medical history
- Learn about your current social history, including your occupation, health habits, stressors, and living situation
- Take a detailed inventory of the medications and supplements you are currently taking
- Perform a pertinent physical exam
Based on that information, Dr. Michael may recommend additional laboratory testing, imaging, or one of many naturopathic therapeutic options. This could include nutritional counseling, lifestyle recommendations about sleep and exercise, botanical (herbal) remedies, supplements, homeopathic medicines, physical medicine treatments, hydrotherapy (treatments using water), and more.
A healing journey with naturopathic medicine is a journey. It can’t happen all at once, and it can’t just happen in the office. In fact, most progress that you experience will come from your efforts at home. Several visits are likely necessary for you to achieve your health goals. During those visits, we will continue to address your health challenges and ways of overcoming them. We will review laboratory and testing results and apply them to your treatment plan.
Dr. Michael sees patients in person, in their homes, or over a HIPPA-safe telemedicine platform.